CYA Softball Update:
- Safety is our number one priority. As you can imagine, the Corona virus has caused us to take a pause and do some serious, in depth analysis and planning to see how we can provide a safe program for the kids
- We have reviewed the guidlines issues by the CDC, Virginia Governor and some Softball Associations. We are able to extract some best practices from those sources.
- We are committed to bringing you a fall softball season, but it will be modified to mitigate risks with player safety as the highest priority.
- National (NCAA), State and Local organizations have declared diamond sports as the least risky of our sports.
- CYA softball program details were email out to the registrants of the past few seasons.
Virginia Safer at Home Phase Three: https://www.governor.virginia.gov/media/governorvirginiagov/governor-of-virginia/pdf/Forward-Virginia-Phase-Three-Guidelines.pdf
NCAA Information: http://www.ncaa.org/sport-science-institute/resocialization-collegiate-sport-developing-standards-practice-and-competition
USSSA (softball association): https://usssa.com/docs/2020/Covid19-ReturnToPlay-v2.pdf