Recreational Sports Policy
CYA participates in the Fairfax County Youth Sports Scholarship Program. To qualify for this program, the player must be a Fairfax County resident, must provide a copy of the Fairfax County lunch letter and complete the application. Effective Spring 2023, there is a $90.00 application fee required for participation in CYA sports.
Applications and documents MUST be submitted by February 18th or they will not be considered.
CYA Financial Assistance is available for one recreational sport, per player, per season. Multiple sports in a season for the same player (Fall, Winter, Spring or Summer) will not be approved. This assistance program is NOT available for camps, clinics, travel or advanced programs.
- THIS MUST BE DONE EVERY SEASON AS PAPERWORK IS NOT KEPT FROM SEASON TO SEASON. Please email (email@example.com) the lunch letter and completed application.
- Financial Aid Request application and paperwork for our Fall 2023 season MUST be submitted by July 15th to be considered for this upcoming season. No financial aid applications/documents will be considered after this date.
- Uniform kits are not included with assistance unless already provided for the entire program.
- Additional training, camps & clinics and advanced programs are not eligible for the Fairfax County assistance program.
- Player will not be placed on a team until supporting scholarship documentation has been received, reviewed and approved.
- Submission of paperwork does not guarantee assistance.